The best nutritional path to take in life is the one that suits you most!
We are all unique and this means that our bodies and digestive systems are unique as well! (Yay! how beautiful is that!)
Our bodies thrive when we can listen and be intuitive about our food & lifestyle choices.
Instead of following the latest food trend or getting overwhelmed by varying food philosophies – ask your body what it wants, what it needs and then listen. You are not like anyone else. Doing what everyone else does will never be truly nourishing.
In order to really nourish yourself – you must listen to the call of your tummy, your feelings, your passions and your inspirations.
Ask yourself these questions… Which foods feel amazing in your tummy? & Which foods make your heart and mind sing? and move towards those things… experiment, play and explore!
Often creating this inner connection with self is all that is needed to soothe, calm and rebalance the intelligence of our body, heart and mind.
It’s exciting, it’s fun and it’s delicious to open up, to explore your body and to listen to what foods your body wants, loves and needs.
Master your eating and you will master your mind… this is what the Ayurvedic sages of India share with us.
“Quality of mind depends on quality of food.” ~The Vedas
- 2 cup whole moong beans (soaked overnight)
- 1 cup basmati or brown rice (washed 3 x and strained)
- 1/4 pumpkin chopped into cubes
- 1 cup green beans chopped into small pieces
- 8 cups of boiling water
- 1 tbsp coconut oil or ghee
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped ginger
- 1 clove of garlic finely chopped/pressed
- 1/2 a red onion finely chopped
- 1 tsp cumin seeds, 1tsp coriander seeds, 1/3 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp himalayan salt & a few cracks black pepper
- 1/2 ripe avocado & some fresh parsley or coriander
- your love! :)
So easy to digest, nourishing & in Ayurvedic texts said to be a ‘complete protein’!
- Add 1 tblsp Ghee or Coconut oil to your pot
- Once melted, add 1/4 teaspoon of Cumin seeds & Coriander seeds. Allow to toast.
- Add Ginger, garlic and onion to the spices & toast. (Garlic & Onion is optional).
- Add 1/3 teaspoon of turmeric powder & stir.
- Add 2 cups of soaked & rinsed whole moong beans.
- Add 1 cup of rice.
- Stir & toast in the spices for a few minutes to lighten the lentils & rice for improved digestion.
- Place your chopped pumpkin and green beans in the pot.
- Add 8 cups of boiling water & stir. Allow to gently boil.
- Add a pinch of Himalayan salt and a few cracks of black pepper.
- Continue to stir regularly – adding your juicy love! :) Cook for approx 20-30 minutes on a medium heat.
- When Rice & Moong become creamy, turn off the heat and serve with an extra spoon of ghee or coconut oil on top, 1/2 an avocado sliced and salted and a fresh garnish of parsley or coriander!
A super delicious nourishing vegetarian and vegan (minus the ghee!) complete protein dish! Yum! This is such an easy meal to make during the week when it’s hard to come up with creative ideas for the family and you want something fast, nourishing AND delicious! :)
Bon appetite! :)