Porridge is so warming, nourishing & restorative for the body. Great for grounding your energy at the start of your day!
(Serves 2 people.)
Certified Organic Ingredients:
- 2 tsp’s of Ghee or Coconut Oil
- 2 cups of Quinoa flakes
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 4 Cardamon pods opened
- Pinch of Fennel seeds
- 1 tbsp Jaggery, Coconut Sugar or Rapadura
- 4 Blanched Almonds
- 12 Raisins
- 3 to 4 cups of Hot water
1. Add your Ghee or Coconut oil to your pot & warm
2. Add Quinoa flakes & stir to toast the grain
3. Once smelling, looking & feeling ‘toasted’ add hot water & stir.
4. Add Cinnamon, Cardamon, Fennel & stir.
5. Add Raisins, Jaggery/Coconut sugar & stir regularly until Porridge becomes creamy & smells yummy!
6. Serve with 2 Blanched Almonds & some Raisins on top for presentation!
Note: This Porridge can also be made with milk (un-homogenised, raw Organic milk is best). Simply use 1/2 milk and half water instead of all water.
*Feel free to add some more Water during the process if it looks to thick, and if it look too thin and runny you can add a few extra Quinoa flakes.