- Take your Quinoa and place in your pot.
- Dry toast your Quinoa in the pot for a few minutes until the Quinoa becomes warm and starts to make ‘toasty’ sounds.
- Add approx 2 cups of hot water. Enough water so that it sits above the Quinoa. You may need to add more as it cooks. If so, add it little by little.
- Add a pinch of Himalayan salt for minerals.
- Allow to boil. No need to stir Quinoa. Just let it boil and bubble away.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes like this until the Quinoa grains have expanded and the water is almost fully evaporated.
- Turn off the heat and place a lid on top and allow to sit for another 7-10 minutes. (If you have too much water still, then continue to cook for a bit longer, before turning it off and putting the lid on.)
Voila, by now you will have fluffy yummy Quinoa & a juicy wholesome Moong Bean Stew!
To serve, add Quinoa to your bowl, then next to it, your Moong Bean stew & garnish with some freshly chopped Coriander or Parsley. It is ready to eat!