This recipe has been blowing my mind and deeply exciting my tastebuds and senses since I first made and intuitively put together a batch of these delicious cookies a week ago!
They are super simple, require no processed sweetener (not even beloved maple!). They are a great wholesome treat to have on hand for afternoon tea, a snack at work, the kid’s lunchbox’s and or any other excuse you can make in your day to open the cookie jar and sit down with one of these amazing treats in your mouth!
…Okay, enough cookie-talk, let’s get to the cookie-cooking!
Heavenly Muesli-Crunch Cookies!
(sugar-free, nut-free, gluten-free*, vegan friendly)
- 2.5 cups of organic oats*
- 1 cup of organic sunflower seeds
- 1 cup of organic pumpkin seeds
- 4 tablespoons of organic cinnamon powder
- 2 tablespoons of organic cardamon powder (or seeds)
- 1 tsp of fennel seeds
- 1/2 tsp of fine organic sea salt
- 200ml of home-made organic melted ghee or coconut oil
- 20 organic dates soaked, de-pitted and mashed into a puree or blended.
- 1 tsp of organic pure vanilla essence
- your love!
* Note: If you are celiac, use ‘gluten-free un-contaminated oats‘.
**Pre-heat your oven to 175 degrees Celsius for 20 minutes while you prepare your cookie mix.
- Place all dry ingredients; oats, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, cinnamon powder, cardamon powder & sea salt into a large mixing bowl.
- Prepare your dates: take the pits out of the dates and place dates in a medium bowl. Cover dates in hot water and let soften for 3-4 minutes. Once dates are soft use a fork and mash the dates with the water to make a date puree. (It’s ok to leave some chunks!) Add the date puree to the dry mix of oats and seeds.
- Now melt your ghee or coconut oil and stir into the dry mix with the dates.
- Add vanilla essence and stir with a wooden spoon or clean hands until the wet and dry ingredients have mixed well together and your happy with the consistency.
- Take some melted ghee or coconut oil and oil your baking tray or use a sheet of baking paper.
- Take a small piece of cookie mix and roll into a ball in your hands then flatten with the palms of your hand to create a circular cookie shape.
- Place your tray of cookies in the oven and bake for approx 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Take them out once they’re done and let them cool before stacking them in your favourite cookie jar or container!
Voila! Your cookies are now ready for your nourishing pleasure! Yum!! :)
If you loved this recipe – share the love by sharing the recipe link below with your friends via facebook!
Happy wholesome cookie munching friends!